Go here to post your Film Commission.
North America > Canada
Alberta provides funding for screen-based content creation through the Alberta Production Grant (APG), a unique film production incentive credited against eligible production expenses incurred in Alberta.
- Funding of 25 to 30 per cent Alberta spend for all productions.
- Flexible grant equivalent to a labour-based tax credit of 45 to 55 per cent.
- $5 million per-project cap.
Eligible expenses include:
- Post Production
- Special Effects
- All Alberta Labour
- All Rentals
- Set Construction and Props
- Craft Services
- Food and Accommodations
- In-Province Travel
- All Production Services
The APG is accepted at face value at most financial institutions. This means your loan won't be discounted based on what your tax credit might work out to be. We also don't give sales tax rebates because Alberta has no provincial sales tax. You get to keep your money and fill out no forms.
Alberta also offers project-script development support for Albertans. For more information about this program, please visit the Alberta Media Fund (AMF).
Alberta Film, a part of the Government of Alberta, supports the growth, sustainability, competitiveness and business attraction of Alberta's screen-based production industry. The Government of Alberta continues to lead the way in providing support for production having been the first jurisdiction in Canada to both establish a provincial film commission office and offer a film and television incentive program. Today, Alberta Film continues to carry out government's mandate through three key areas:
- Marketing, advertising and event management
- Locations and logistics services including funding and facilitating scouting within the province and supporting film-friendly initiatives
- Industry development and alignment with government
Funding for screen-based production in Alberta is provided through the Alberta Production Grant, a unique incentive based on all eligible production expenses incurred in Alberta.
Brampton has a full spectrum of location options all within a 30-minute drive from downtown Toronto and next door to Canada's busiest airport (Toronto Pearson International Airport). With more than 8,000 small and medium businesses located here, you will find any and all support services your production company will need.
Although a big city, you can find all that you need right here in Brampton. Looking for a small-town feel? Check out our central historic core. Want a remote-looking outdoor location? Take a look at our conservation areas, parks and trails. But that is not all. We have new modern buildings; a historic village; industrial sites; a small ski hill; a live theatre with broadcast capabilities, and so much more!
Toronto is a major North American centre of excellence in the screen-based industries with more than 40 years of international experience in film and television production, and post-production.
The City of Toronto's support for the industry is led by the Film & Entertainment Industries office.
World-class talent in front of and behind the camera. Internationally renowned production and digital media companies. Great studio spaces, excellent suppliers and an ability to double as so many global locations.
These are the reasons Toronto is North America's third-largest screen-based production centre and one of the world's leading producers of great entertainment.
The Columbia Shuswap Film Commission is a full-service film commission representing British Columbia's Columbia Shuswap region.
Our services include scouting, accompanied surveys, script breakdown, community liaison services, and more. We maintain a comprehensive locations database in conjunction with Creative BC.
We are pleased to assist film producers and production companies in finding ideal locations and services within the CSRD. Send us your script or script requirements, and we will respond promptly with a link to a location package prepared specifically for your project.
The Columbia Shuswap region is situated at the northern edge of the Kootenay and Okanagan valleys, stretching west from the Rocky Mountains along the British Columbia-Alberta border to the centre of the province. It encompasses three national parks - Yoho, Glacier and Mount Revelstoke - and the Columbia Mountains, including the Purcell, Selkirk and Monashee ranges.
The landscape is spectacular and varied, offering high alpine mountain peaks, gorgeous small towns, untamed wilderness, lush green valleys, isolated lakefront properties, beaches, and picture-perfect farms. Communities in our region include Revelstoke, Golden, Salmon Arm, Sicamous and also Anglemont, Blind Bay, Carlin, Celista, Deep Creek, Falkland, Field, Mica, Ranchero, Scotch Creek, Seymour Arm, Sorrento, St. Ives and Tappen.
The Columbia Shuswap is located roughly half way between Vancouver and Calgary on the Trans Canada Highway and is easily accessible via airports in Kelowna, Kamloops, and Calgary.
- Production Support -- a full range of location services, production expertise and information resources for producers and production companies doing business in BC
- Tax Administration -- economic initiatives designed to encourage all aspects of motion picture production in BC
- Development Programs -- support for traditional and digital media production activity
- Production Registration -- online registration for projects filming in BC to enable Creative BC to assist with production-related issues
- Industry Expertise -- quality service, information and advice
- Location Resources - gateway to a network of local permitting agencies, regional film offices and other resources that support filming throughout the province
- Reel Green -- information and resources that promote positive environmental practices in BC's entertainment production industry
Email: view contact list